(2007). Women win.
Women Win uses sport as a strategy because:
- Provides access to women and girls to public spaces
- Build leadership skills and stimulate teamwork
- Develop girls' and women's sense of ownership over their bodies
- Increase women's and girls' self esteem so they are less likely to enter into violent relationships suffer depression become unwillingly pregnant or smoke or use drugs
- Challenge gender stereotypes, thereby reducing discrimination and breaking down entrenched attitudes, leading to, for example, higher school enrolment and completion.
- Contribute to the health and confidence of women and girls
Uitgever(s): Stichting Women Win,